Labels

Wednesday 15 December 2010

PLANNING: Initial Ideas (Song Choice)

I thought it was important for my choice of song to reflect current trends within the music industry and the present attitude towards music. Therefore I have chosen to create a music video to the song : The Jeweller's Hands by Arctic Monkeys. This song does not have a music video which I felt would allow me artistic license to interpret and present the song in a new way to the audience. Despite Humbug's success The Jeweller's Hands remains one of the lesser known tracks given it has never been released as a single. As a result of my song choice, I emailed Arctic Monkeys at Domino Records to request permission to use the song for my video.


I have yet to receive a reply from the label, but decided to proceed, making sure Arctic Monkeys and Domino Records were credited throughout the whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment